Monday, March 23, 2009

Ms. Romano's English Class

The site that I created for the ITEC class is called Ms. Romano's English Class.
The URL is http://sites.google.com/site/teach104classroom/ The purpose of the site is to introduce new students to my classroom and to my expectations for them. I work at a continuation school and we might get new students every few weeks. For this reason, a website that walks them through what they should bring to class and what is expected of them could be useful. To be honest, I plan on deleting this site in a few weeks. My school will most likely use School Loop next year so there will be no need for it but, if not, maybe I will spend some time working on this over the summer and providing the web address to incoming students so that they and their parents could review it and so that there are no surprises.
I really like the idea of posting information for them on the website. It would be great to figure out how to post handouts that they could download and print so that they can get the material that they missed when absent-although my cynical side wonders if they would even access the information.
I would like to post tutorials on the website eventually. Or at least resources that would help them when they are writing (things like handouts and what not).

3 comments:

  1. I really like how you've made your site a hub of information for your students. Even if only a few students use the directions for creating a google account or using google docs, at least they've taken a step towards being self directed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Tabitha. This site is very interesting because it so process-oriented & I agree with the previous comment about self-directed students. The idea of the site is also important because, esp. as a continuation school you can get kids involved immediately in their learning - it could turn the "difficulty" of students entering/exiting at different times into an advantage

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a great job, Tabitha. Your site is easy to follow and I like the links. Everything is self-explanatory and gives the student the opportunity to learn independently. They have a readily accessible "how to" at their finger tips.

    ReplyDelete