Sunday, March 1, 2009

Voicethread and Animoto

I have been thinking about Voicethread and Animoto and how I can use both in the classroom. I don't think I have a good idea of what I would do with Voicethread. It is really cool that you can speak over images and provide more information, but I don't really feel comfortable recording my own voice, so I think that it would be more trouble for me than it's worth. But I think Animoto is something that I can incorporate into my curriculum. I don't have it really worked out well yet, but I can see my students using Animoto after a poetry unit, either recording a poem set to instrumental music and images that reflect the theme of the poem or finding a song that is similar in theme to a poem they read. It's something that I have to plan out better but it's a first thought.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about recording my own voice... don't really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to get used to it. As a less-commonly-taught language teacher, there wasn't a lot of material for listening comprehension, so I had to do it. What you can do is to alter your voice using the recording program (I use audacity) so it doesn't sound like you.

    ReplyDelete